Do you prefer Linux or Windows?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you prefer Linux or Windows?

I prefer using Windows for personal use, but when it comes to servers, then Linux all the way! What about everyone else?
    likes this.
    Forums.Hosting is hosted by HostXNow

I prefer Linux when setting up Website.

However if a Program requires Windows to run, then I'll go for Windows.

Marcus
    FHCL likes this.

Comment

Linux for web servers and other Linux optimized daemons. I work with Windows servers every day, so that's my kind of game.

As a client, I am a windows guy who wants to go full Linux, but I love all my games.
      FHCL likes this.

Comment

For my personal computers, it's Windows 10 all the way, but for servers, it's Linux. I just find Windows licensing to be very cost prohibitive.
        FHCL likes this.

Comment

I've tinkered with using linux as a desktop before but that annoying moment always comes when you want to use a piece of windows only software, I know their are solutions to this but I thought screw it just use windows on the desktop.
          And it's always good to be able to jump into battle on a game when on quite days I don't really like windows but hate macs even more. If game developers would support linux I'd go with desktop linux always.
          FHCL likes this.

Comment

I choose Windows for my personal computer, but when it comes to servers - I prefer Linux.
            FHCL likes this.

Comment

Linux - Centos is my choice for servers. I switched to Mac for my computer, as I didn't like windows 10.
              FHCL likes this.

Comment

Linux for sure web wise, however for my own use, both Mac or Windows are decent choices if you don't really have a preference.
                FHCL likes this.

Comment

I use MacOS for personal computer since 1984, but for servers i prefer Linux. In the beginning of the millennium i had a mac OS X server hosting service that at that time was very profitable with  X servers. Later apple discontinued the servers and i finish offering those services. :-)

FHCL likes this.

Comment

For servers definitely Linux, although I do have a few servers that run on Windows 2008, 2012 and 2016 as well... but Linux is definitely much better for servers.

As for personal use, MacOS on my MacBook Pro (I find it's way better than any windows/linux laptop)... and on my workstation PC I run Windows 10 with an Ubuntu 16.04 VM container, so I run both Windows and Linux at the same time, each on its own screen.
                    FHCL likes this.

Comment

I choose windows for my personal computer, but when comes to servers then linux is the best option because it has much better security than windows.

Comment

For servers its got to be Linux, they are more secure and less buggy compared to Windows. I do choose Windows though for my PC.

Comment

Hi, I prefer Windows 7 for personal use and definitely Linux for Web Servers. Windows Server is good for managing most small business/office users.

Comment

Hie, I prefer Linux when it comes to Operating system.

Comment

Linux and Windows are two different types of operating systems. Linux is the most popular operating system for web servers.You Can Go To Linux Web Hosting. Because Linux Provides Few More Features As Comparison To Windows.It Is More Secure And Free.There is No Need To Pay For Any License.As a Open Source OS it is provides free software for servers like as Apache and DNS server.If Your Website Made In Asp Or Asp.net then You have to go with Windows Web Hosting.

Comment

Originally posted by FHCL View Post
                                I prefer using Windows for personal use, but when it comes to servers, then Linux all the way! What about everyone else?
                                I would prefer Linux Hosting.

Comment

I use exclusively Linux on All kind of hardware for various strong reasons. With Linux it’s easy to install new software.
                                  likes this.

Comment

Hello,

Mostly all of us prefer the Linux due to various reason like security, freely available, easy installation of any software.

Thanks
                                    Calvin K

Comment

For servers, undoubtedly Linux.
                                      - Free
                                      - Flexible - Multiple options to do one thing
                                      - Full control - Control in our hands
                                      - Open Source - Nothing hidden

Debian is my preference.

Comment

I guess, Linux is the Best Option.

Comment

I like Linux over Windows because I can do programming, surfing more efficiently and safely than the Windows. Windows is great for gaming purposes.

Comment

I use Ubuntu at home because it is very easy to maintain and the file architecture is very structured versus windows. Plus i dont have to update all the time like windows. A huge plus is using the UFW (uncomplicated firewall) in my linuxs pc. Microsoft firewall is bloated with so many ports open by default. But sometimes windows is easier to use for surfing since it has almost every codec possible already loaded in and with most sites being dynamic it is handy. As far as online i use only linux because i do not trust windows for something as critical as my data online. They still cant stop or even slow down the hackers attacking a windows home pc/desktop after decades of development, so why would i trust them to be secure in a server software?

Comment

I will prefer both, Linux or Windows.

Comment

Sponsored

Collapse
                                              Working...
                                              X