Hosted by

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favourite domain register and why?

Collapse

Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your favourite domain register and why?

There are loads of domain registers around nowadays, but who offers the best services and value for money?

I know there are eNom and GoDaddy that are big names. Are there any others you know of and recommend?
    Forums.Hosting - A Web Hosting Forum for consumers and Web Hosting related businesses

If you don't need Support. I recommend Espace 2001 and NETIM.

Or else maybe Internet.bs.

Marcus
    FHCL likes this.
    DDoS Protected Singapore/Sydney Dedicated Servers

Comment

Hmm, I stick with eNom. Why? well, some idiot added a lot of money to his eNom balance(me.). If it weren't for their horrible management panel and super slow support they would've been great.

FHCL likes this.

Comment

To be fair, I've never had any major issues with eNom. But I think I should probably try different registers sometimes rather than keep using the same one which may even be costing me more. Think I've been a bit lazy there and should try other ones. But if it isn't broke, don't fix it!?
        lervfo likes this.
        Forums.Hosting - A Web Hosting Forum for consumers and Web Hosting related businesses

Comment

Well, never had any problems with them myself. I'm happy.

But again, having good deals with multiple is probably a good idea if one of them goes to ****...
          FHCL likes this.

Comment

We have tried a few over the years but have to give it to enom. IMO they are best by far when dealing with reselling domains.
            FHCL likes this.
            CenTex Hosting The Next Generation of Hosting
            Pure SSD VPS | Reseller Hosting | Shared Hosting | Colocation

Comment

I use NameCheap for all my domain registrations, They hold domain offers on a regular basis and dish out a small number of domain coupons to webhosts upon request. I tend to use 1and1 here and there for the odd domain that a customer wants to be hosted there.

eNom is just too complicated for me when it comes to the domain reseller account and domain fee's, you can't really offer 99p domains as you still have to charge the enom going rate.
              wellcome1212 and FHCL like this.

Comment

we are going with godaddy
                Alts solution
                Web Design Kerala | Web Design Company in Kerala

Comment

Good morning!

I use resell.biz (from UK2 Group) to resell domain names for my customers.
                  wellcome1212 likes this.

Comment

My favorite registrar was DomainSite.com that's where I got my first domain name back in 2005 but they moved to Name.com Now they are my favorite domain registrar because of the ease of use of their control panel, 2step auth, and prices.
                    DominioNombres.com Marketplace!

Comment

It's a toss up between Namecheap and Namesilo, both are cheap but Namecheap has far more extensions. Been using them both for a long time now.

Comment

Personally I have used GoDaddy, Namecheap, and enom. I currently have domains registered at GoDaddy. I like there domain services. I would never use GoDaddy for hosting though. I don't ever recommend purchasing a domain through a web host though. I like to keep my domain name registration and web hosting apart from each other. Just for the simple fact that if a web host goes out of business or something happens, I don't want to lose my domain. This is how I've always done my domain name registration. To each his own though.
                        Carolina-Host - Real people, with real answers for your web solutions!
                        Web Hosting | Website Design | Website & Content Management | WordPress
                        Poarch & Associates - Financial Solutions for YOU!
                        Accounting | Bookkeeping | Tax Preparation | Payroll Services

Comment

Thanks a lot for sharing the excellent Information.

wellcome1212 likes this.

Comment

Enom for me, doesn't seem like many people use them still but I like them. Their API features aren't bad and their prices are around average I think
                            WebHostGB.com - Reseller, Shared, Dedicated & Hybrid
                            UK Based Web Hosting - 60 Day Money Back Guarantee - 100% SSD
                            Fully Inclusive & Managed UK Small Business Web Design & Hosting Services

cPanel/WHM | Domain & SSL Included | 24/7 UK Support | Transfers Included

Comment

I use NameCheap because they're cheap and the support I've have encountered has been amazing! I've tried others in the past but since 2009 I've fallen in love with namecheap.com
                              FHCL likes this.
                              Webhosting - Reseller - VPS - BuzzNOC
                              Save 30% on sign up using 'BUZZ30'

Comment

We use both OpenSRS and Enom but will probably shift towards using OpenSRS exclusively due to the recent support issues at Enom. Plus of course, as a UK provider, Nominet ‒ an excellent organisation.
                                wellcome1212 likes this.

Comment

<snipped>. You may not recommend your own company. Please read the rules. https://forums.hosting/help#forum_gu...ing_guidelines
                                  Last edited by FHCL; 21-09-2017, 09:09 PM. Reason: Forum Rules.

Comment

NameCheap is working perfectly for my needs. Been using them for several years already, ever since I ran away from the god awful GoDaddy.
                                    FHCL likes this.

Comment

I've only ever used godaddy, have been thinking on moving away from them, not sure who to choose..

I hear everyone gives / says good vibes about namecheap.

Anyone using Google domains ?
                                      FHCL likes this.

Comment

Ads

Collapse

Ads

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X