Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get web hosting customers?

How do you get web hosting customers? Is it more offline like local businesses or mostly online like forums? How do you go about it?
    Forums.Hosting - A Web Hosting Forum for consumers and Web Hosting related businesses

Offering SaaS to customer and at the same time providing Hosting to them.
    DDoS Protected Singapore/Sydney Dedicated Servers

Comment

Forum posting and advertising works well because it brings a lot of traffic to your site. Facebook and Twitter campaigns are secondary.
      ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
      Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore

Comment

Yes, SenseiSteve I think forum posting and advertising works best too.
        Forums.Hosting - A Web Hosting Forum for consumers and Web Hosting related businesses

Comment

By low pricing and advertisement and got some order by advertisement but its really hard to get order through advertisement. Only money waste in ad.

Comment

Originally posted by DewlanceHosting View Post
            By low pricing and advertisement and got some order by advertisement but its really hard to get order through advertisement. Only money waste in ad.
            I suppose it's more to do with where you advertise on whether it's effective or not.

Comment

i do the odd ebay offer which brings in clients.
              I was also contacted a few weeks back by someone who saw an ad i placed in a programme for a country show i did 5 years ago and i even honoured the price and plan i listed in the advert.
              That client now has 2 personal sites with me and his business site

Comment

Getting new clients these days is a constant battle. I'm sure as my fellow good providers know there are a lot of bad apples and more resellers than you can shake a stick at offering $1 a month plans for unlimited everything.

I've never done anything special to get clients just forums ads, referrals from existing customers the occasional lucky Google search. I think keeping customers is just as hard as gaining new ones; customer retention is so important for any business.

Live chat I would say is the best tool for me gaining new clients, most people who respond to the chat end up buying. I offer them free trials, discounts, migrations of a lot of sites for free etc, whatever it takes to make the sale.
                Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS
                https://www.ljshost.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJSHost View Post
                  more resellers than you can shake a stick at offering $1 a month plans for unlimited everything.
                  you are a bit out of touch. ebay is full of $5 a year unlimited everything reseller plans. When you look into the ebay sellers 9/10 of them dont even have a website or use a management system like WHMCS, so when things get tough for them, they do a runner and leave you high and dry and no way to contact them

Comment

Originally posted by easyhostmedia View Post

you are a bit out of touch. ebay is full of $5 a year unlimited everything reseller plans. When you look into the ebay sellers 9/10 of them dont even have a website or use a management system like WHMCS, so when things get tough for them, they do a runner and leave you high and dry and no way to contact them
                    These people are just get rich quick idiots who think money starts raining as soon as they start selling and quit 8 weeks later. They are not providers just middle men trying to make a quick buck.
                    Anyone who buys these $5 a year plans and expecting "unlimited" everything are in for a shock.

Comment

I advertise online using Facebook, and Web Hosting forums. However the majority of my advertising comes offline in my local area. We go around to local businesses and offer our services to them. This has been very profitable for us so far. We build relationships with our clients, do everything for them from hosting, website design, implementing content, and maintaining there website for them so they can concentrate on day to day business. This seems to be pretty effective so far.
                      Carolina-Host - Real people, with real answers for your web solutions!
                      Web Hosting | Website Design | Website & Content Management | WordPress
                      Poarch & Associates - Financial Solutions for YOU!
                      Accounting | Bookkeeping | Tax Preparation | Payroll Services

Comment

Originally posted by rpoarch View Post
                        I advertise online using Facebook, and Web Hosting forums. However the majority of my advertising comes offline in my local area. We go around to local businesses and offer our services to them. This has been very profitable for us so far. We build relationships with our clients, do everything for them from hosting, website design, implementing content, and maintaining there website for them so they can concentrate on day to day business. This seems to be pretty effective so far.
                        Don't you find those local business that have a site and are already with a provider are reluctant to move ?

Comment

Some are. But when I talk to them and find out that they are paying maintenance fees of upwards of $3000 a year it helps me persuade them
                          Carolina-Host - Real people, with real answers for your web solutions!
                          Web Hosting | Website Design | Website & Content Management | WordPress
                          Poarch & Associates - Financial Solutions for YOU!
                          Accounting | Bookkeeping | Tax Preparation | Payroll Services

Comment

Offering SaaS to a customer and at the same time providing Hosting to them.

Comment

Word of mouth has worked wonders for me, ive made countless sales through offline word of mouth advertising and will probably continue to do so.
                              WebHostGB.com - Reseller, Shared, Dedicated & Hybrid
                              UK Based Web Hosting - 60 Day Money Back Guarantee - 100% SSD
                              Fully Inclusive & Managed UK Small Business Web Design & Hosting Services

cPanel/WHM | Domain & SSL Included | 24/7 UK Support | Transfers Included

Comment

I've been using Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to advertise my hosting company. also a couple of forums! But with my experience, I have yet to get a client from any of them, on the other hand, though I get a lot of visitors which one day can turn into customers
                                Webhosting - Reseller - VPS - BuzzNOC
                                Save 30% on sign up using 'BUZZ30'

Comment

I read a post on another forum recently where someone said "

"It's easier to make more money selling Lemonade from a Lemonade stand outside the data center than it is making money from servers inside these days"

After reading that I thought, yep ain't that the dam truth

Comment

I read a post on another forum recently where someone said "

"It's easier to make more money selling Lemonade from a Lemonade stand outside the data center than it is making money from servers inside these days"

After reading that I thought, yep ain't that the dam truth
                                    Id have to agree. However, you can still do it but it takes an insane amount of patience and willingness to not quit. People expect rapid results but it just doesn't happen that way in my experience.
                                    WebHostGB.com - Reseller, Shared, Dedicated & Hybrid
                                    UK Based Web Hosting - 60 Day Money Back Guarantee - 100% SSD
                                    Fully Inclusive & Managed UK Small Business Web Design & Hosting Services

cPanel/WHM | Domain & SSL Included | 24/7 UK Support | Transfers Included

Comment

These people are just get rich quick idiots who think money starts raining as soon as they start selling and quit 8 weeks later. They are not providers just middle men trying to make a quick buck.
                                      Anyone who buys these $5 a year plans and expecting "unlimited" everything are in for a shock.
                                      These are what are called kiddie hosts, they will buy a cheap master reseller plan and then stick these daft plans on ebay and then when someone has an issue they just pack up and run a mile as they dont have a clue what they are doing. These ebay listings increase when UK school holidays start and vanish when the holidays end. Sometimes i like to look over ebay and then ask these so called hosts simple questions. 1 that i asked some questions had no idea what a dedicated IP was and never heard of DNS

Comment

Originally posted by easyhostmedia View Post

These are what are called kiddie hosts, they will buy a cheap master reseller plan and then stick these daft plans on ebay and then when someone has an issue they just pack up and run a mile as they dont have a clue what they are doing. These ebay listings increase when UK school holidays start and vanish when the holidays end. Sometimes i like to look over ebay and then ask these so called hosts simple questions. 1 that i asked some questions had no idea what a dedicated IP was and never heard of DNS
                                        Indeed, I've done this myself contacting many of these £5 and more expensive per year hosts and asked some simple questions my favorite responses was

"Yes our server very fast you will have the best service" "yes if you need you can use 10TB our service is unlimited we have very big drive and powerful server" "yes we have 4 datacenters that we own in 4 different countries (for £5 a year) rofl"

OMFG these people !

Like I said before it's the saturation these "providers" cause which makes life hard for those of us who are customer service focused, but customers are also to blame by falling for these scams.
                                        The most sicking thing is I'm sure some of these scammers are making 4 figures a month I guarantee it !

Comment

Originally posted by FHCL View Post
                                          How do you get web hosting customers? Is it more offline like local businesses or mostly online like forums? How do you go about it?
                                          We have customers from Search engines 50-70% all other from Forum also time to time we use Google adwords

Comment

Indeed, I've done this myself contacting many of these £5 and more expensive per year hosts and asked some simple questions my favorite responses was

"Yes our server very fast you will have the best service" "yes if you need you can use 10TB our service is unlimited we have very big drive and powerful server" "yes we have 4 datacenters that we own in 4 different countries (for £5 a year) rofl"

OMFG these people !

Like I said before it's the saturation these "providers" cause which makes life hard for those of us who are customer service focused, but customers are also to blame by falling for these scams.
                                            The most sicking thing is I'm sure some of these scammers are making 4 figures a month I guarantee it !
                                            I wonder how many people actually fall for these all for peanuts plans. I keep thinking should i set one of my $3 test VPS up with CentosWebPanel and see how many people will fall for it

Comment

It will sell at $3 OVH provide a VPS around the same price, but if you can cover operating costs and a little profit at that price is another matter.

Comment

It will sell at $3 OVH provide a VPS around the same price, but if you can cover operating costs and a little profit at that price is another matter.
                                                I wont sell at $3. I have 2 servers that i only pay $3 for a month. i use these to test plugins/modules etc. before i place them onto production sites. it would be easy to install CWP and set up a couple of unlimited everything plans and then list on feebay for the daft price of £5 a year to see how many gullible people actually fall for these

Comment

Ads

Collapse

Ads

Collapse
                                                Working...
                                                X