Hosted by

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Fraudulent Customer/Host Lists?

Collapse

Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Fraudulent Customer/Host Lists?

Without going into to much detail about the situation (because it's already been talked about elsewhere). I have been wondering a LOT about this particular issue.

Basically I'm asking this because I hired a designer to do a custom design for us, turns out to be a paid template, etc etc etc. After doing research about him and apparently his website, after he gave me his paypal address, I have searched WHT, google, and other web hosting forums, I found out he was scamming a LOT of people back in 2002-2003 (who knows how long before and after this time period as well). I'm not going to post his website or anything, but I'm wanting to know if anyone ever created a fraudulent customer/client list?

I was wondering if there is a list of Fraudulent customers out there anywhere? It was talked about a lot back in the day (2002-2003) but I wasn't sure if anyone every went forth with it and created anything like such...

This is something that would be very beneficial to web hosts/customers/designers, and really anyone looking to do any kind of business on WHT or any other sites. You could research the person your doing business with to make sure your not dealing with someone with a history of fraud, and whatnot.

If there is no such list out there (which I'm sure at this point there would almost have to be), do you think this would be something beneficial to you as either a web host, client, designer, or just overall member of any web hosting forum that does business on said forum or any other online transactions?

Thanks for any help!
    FHCL likes this.
    Carolina-Host - Real people, with real answers for your web solutions!
    Web Hosting | Website Design | Website & Content Management | WordPress
    Poarch & Associates - Financial Solutions for YOU!
    Accounting | Bookkeeping | Tax Preparation | Payroll Services

I have heard of Fraud Record, but was wondering if anyone knew of any others...

Comment

Fraud Record is good. Can also use MaxMind and FraudLabs Pro.
      Forums.Hosting - A Web Hosting Forum for consumers and Web Hosting related businesses

Comment

Okay, thank you! I hadn't heard of MaxMind or FraudLabs. I will check them out.
        FHCL likes this.

Comment

If you use WHMCS, you can set maxmind up to automatically screen your orders and reject the order if the score is over a certain threshold, or it matches certain criteria you have selected like using a proxy.

Maxmind combined with Fraudrecord is a good start, just be aware that just because Fraudrecord flags an order doesn't necessarily mean that they are a bad client. Always read the comments left by the reporting host. I've seen some clients reported to Fraudrecord for claiming a refund, or leaving a bad review.
          FHCL likes this.

Comment

I use this https://securityplus.griffinhosting.com and this https://www.sprbl.net for WHMCS.

However, the SecurityPlus doesn't seems to support WHMCS 7 at the moment.
            InCloudServe and FHCL like this.
            DDoS Protected Singapore/Sydney Dedicated Servers

Comment

Originally posted by Raid1 View Post
              I use this https://securityplus.griffinhosting.com and this https://www.sprbl.net for WHMCS.

Never heard of that one before. Good find.
              Forums.Hosting - A Web Hosting Forum for consumers and Web Hosting related businesses

Comment

Originally posted by Raid1 View Post

Looks interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on it. If it doesn't work with whmcs 7 at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by InCloudServe View Post

Looks interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on it. If it doesn't work with whmcs 7 at the moment.
                  I've received an email from them and it now supports up to WHMCS 7.2 and PHP 7.
                  DDoS Protected Singapore/Sydney Dedicated Servers

Comment

Originally posted by InCloudServe View Post

Ive never seen that before, but that is brilliant Ill have to look into it. Anything you can do to secure WHMCS any more is always going to be good!
                    WebHostGB.com - Reseller, Shared, Dedicated & Hybrid
                    UK Based Web Hosting - 60 Day Money Back Guarantee - 100% SSD
                    Fully Inclusive & Managed UK Small Business Web Design & Hosting Services

cPanel/WHM | Domain & SSL Included | 24/7 UK Support | Transfers Included

Comment

try using maxmind they pretty good
                      Webhosting - Reseller - VPS - BuzzNOC
                      Save 30% on sign up using 'BUZZ30'

Comment

Actually as I am running a hosting brand, maxmind does the work for me. Its easy for us to recognize who is genuine one.

Comment

I don't rely purely on any of them though, we have had a huge rise in people getting past maxmind / fraudrecord who are still spammers and end up hitting us with chargebacks, I think there is always the need for someone to manually check users. They get wise to certain things and slip past with just a few attempts.
                          FHCL likes this.
                          WebHostGB.com - Reseller, Shared, Dedicated & Hybrid
                          UK Based Web Hosting - 60 Day Money Back Guarantee - 100% SSD
                          Fully Inclusive & Managed UK Small Business Web Design & Hosting Services

cPanel/WHM | Domain & SSL Included | 24/7 UK Support | Transfers Included

Comment

We use Fraud Record and FraudLabs Pro also we use DB Stripe, they help us with Card payment's

Comment

Ads

Collapse

Ads

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X