Hosted by

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we allow Free Hosting type offers and discussions at Forums.Hosting?

Collapse

Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we allow Free Hosting type offers and discussions at Forums.Hosting?

Should we allow Free Hosting type offers and discussions at Forums.Hosting?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    100.00%
    Other (Please state in Topic)
    0%
    Forums.Hosting - A Web Hosting Forum for consumers and Web Hosting related businesses

Personally, I think it should have its own category as there are many free web hosts out there having their own niche.
    FHCL likes this.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Egil.

Yes, I could add Free Hosting for discussion at Hosting Forums category https://forums.hosting/forum/hosting-forums, so it appears above Web Hosting and also have Free Hosting Offers at Hosting Offers category https://forums.hosting/forum/adverti...hosting-offers, so it appears above Web Hosting Offers.

My only concern is Free Hosting type offers usually attract the wrong sort of users (Spammers, etc), plus it may put off Paid Hosting companies from taking part in forums.hosting because they may think their ads won't get seen or the Free Hosting Offers will be chosen over the paid hosting offers.

I guess the trick is to try to get the balance right. But given FreeWebHostingTalk.com is pretty much dead I think we might as well leave it (could even just link to that site)?

Will let the poll run for several months to see whether there is any more demand for it.

lervfo likes this.
      Forums.Hosting - A Web Hosting Forum for consumers and Web Hosting related businesses

Comment

• lervfo
        lervfo commented
        Editing a comment
        You made me agree with you. I didn't think of spammers and the paid companies.

Yes, I don't think it's worth it. Will leave the poll open anyway. Cheers.

Comment

Previously, I've been operating a Free Hosting Service for 6 months.

If you do not want Low quality Users, don't allow.

>Marcus
        FHCL likes this.
        DDoS Protected Singapore/Sydney Dedicated Servers

Comment

Originally posted by Raid1 View Post
          Previously, I've been operating a Free Hosting Service for 6 months.

If you do not want Low quality Users, don't allow.

>Marcus
          I did in the past too and I agree. Not worth it.

Another option is to have Free Trial Hosting Offers for Web, Reseller and VPS, and maybe only accept providers who offer a 30 day trial, but allow them to charge a setup fee to help prevent fraud/spam type orders? I'm not so sure about that either, just throwing some ideas out there.
          Raid1 likes this.

Comment

I don't think so. As you stated, free web hosting attracts the wrong kind of users and content.
            FHCL likes this.
            Carolina-Host - Real people, with real answers for your web solutions!
            Web Hosting | Website Design | Website & Content Management | WordPress
            Poarch & Associates - Financial Solutions for YOU!
            Accounting | Bookkeeping | Tax Preparation | Payroll Services

Comment

Due to some requests we have added the section https://forums.hosting/forum/adverti...hosting-offers

It is up to the users to do their due diligence when signing up with a provider.

There are genuine users who use free hosting after all and we will gladly allow their contributions to the forum.

Comment

Ads

Collapse

Ads

Collapse
              Working...
              X